About Me

My PhotoI'm Carlos Killpack I like music, I guess you could even say its my addiction. That being said it shouldn't be much surprise to hear that I host a radio show called Indie Invasion. (Which is, by the way, the greatest radio show on earth) I play the drums and the guitar. I play football and I am Mormon, meaning that I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. The purpose of writing this blog is to ponder the mysteries of the Universe and share my views of them, (cool right) therefore the topics discussed here can vary widely. Each post is filed under one or more of the categories at the top right. Please enjoy.
View my complete profile
Send any comments or suggestions you have here.

Subscribe in a reader

Pondering Life, the Universe, and Everything

Saturday, November 3, 2007

I'm Writing A Book!

I'm starting a book I hope is going to be part of the next great fantasy series of all time, hopefully even rivaling the likes of J.R.R. Tolkien. It'd be awesome if you left some comments etc. The book I'm working on right now is pretty intense, its called The Skull King. I've included a small excerpt.

From: The Skull King

Darien awoke with a start. Looking around his small room a sense of dread filled him.

Oh, no
, he thought, Norek is drunk again.

Within moments there was a crash and the sound of a man stumbling through the house, his father, the town drunk. He heard Norek angrily moving things that got in his way. There was another crash and Darien heard his mother scream. He leaped up to run to her rescue but he could not move! Darien could take it when his father beat him, he was strong, he had to be, but not mother, not her. He could hear his mother pleading with Norek to calm down, but his drunken excuse for a father would not listen. Muffled thumps and cries stuck daggers of ice into his heart that quickly became a burning fury in his mind. Despite his fury all Darien could do was stand, shaking in his room and listen to his mother die.

When the screams stopped the drunken Norek stumbled to Darien's door. The door opened and Darien heard his father speak to him with the slurred speech of a drunk, "You heard it didn't you, the screams. Haha. She deserved it, the witch, and her demon whelp didn't have the balls to stop me." And he spat in Darien's face.

His anger suddenly intensified, Darien felt as if his blood had become molten light. It built as every fiber of is being became saturated with hate-laced light.

"Drunken bastard," Darien replied, his voice sounding strangely calm and detached, "You don't deserve to live!"

Then the was a roar and fiery light enveloped everything.

Note: The purpose of this event and several others like it in The Skull King is to allow for Darien Voreyé's development as a character who would become the Skull King

No comments: