About Me

My PhotoI'm Carlos Killpack I like music, I guess you could even say its my addiction. That being said it shouldn't be much surprise to hear that I host a radio show called Indie Invasion. (Which is, by the way, the greatest radio show on earth) I play the drums and the guitar. I play football and I am Mormon, meaning that I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. The purpose of writing this blog is to ponder the mysteries of the Universe and share my views of them, (cool right) therefore the topics discussed here can vary widely. Each post is filed under one or more of the categories at the top right. Please enjoy.
View my complete profile
Send any comments or suggestions you have here.

Subscribe in a reader

Pondering Life, the Universe, and Everything

Monday, November 19, 2007

An Interesting Observation

I was recently riding the bus home, something I do very rarely, and I noticed something very interesting. There was a very attractive girl sitting in the front seat and, despite what I would suspect, more girls looked at her than guys. I expected nearly every guy to look at her while walking by, but the opposite occurred, interesting right? I have several theories to explain this phenomena, all of which I will elaborate about in the following paragraphs.


The guys walking by want the girl to think that they are not interested hoping that she will find interest in a guy who doesn't want her. In my experience that doesn't work, especially when there is no preexisting relationship. A guy or girl may being to avoid a friend they have begun to like to avoid awkward situations or to see if the other person is interested. But besides this ignoring someone to make them find interest in you doesn't usually work.

The girls walking by are jealous because she is extremely attractive, therefore they would look at her because of this jealousy. It is often mentioned that girls can be self-conscious and feel threatened by another girl that is more attractive than her. This may explain the phenomena that I had witnessed on that bus ride.

The previous example could also apply to guys, because a guy can also feel threatened by an attractive girl and not want to look at her because of how they feel when they see her (i.e. threatened). Unlike girls guys tend to avoid things or people that make them feel threatened, at least in this respect.

There are probably a million more possible explanations but I believe these to be the most likely of those possiblities.

No comments: