About Me

My PhotoI'm Carlos Killpack I like music, I guess you could even say its my addiction. That being said it shouldn't be much surprise to hear that I host a radio show called Indie Invasion. (Which is, by the way, the greatest radio show on earth) I play the drums and the guitar. I play football and I am Mormon, meaning that I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. The purpose of writing this blog is to ponder the mysteries of the Universe and share my views of them, (cool right) therefore the topics discussed here can vary widely. Each post is filed under one or more of the categories at the top right. Please enjoy.
View my complete profile
Send any comments or suggestions you have here.

Subscribe in a reader

Pondering Life, the Universe, and Everything

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Punk: The Soundtrack of My Life

By, Daniel Babskie

Issue date: 4/3/07

Original Article

Why are some "rebel" youth so disgruntled? Well, let me tell you about the punk genre or the ignorance of society. The rebellious punk genre/scene is regarded by many as vicious, anarchical noise with lyrics that demand change and speak out against irregularities in society. In some cases "punks,"or other stereotypes of this genre, are categorized by the clothes they wear, the spikes in their hair, and the studs they declare on their, well, wherever.


The main point is that many outside of punk are oblivious to the messages that this type of music and clothing style proclaims. I have compiled a sound track of my existence, and I choose two songs from my mix tape to spread the word of what the punk message really proclaims. The two most important are Brand New's "Okay I believe you, but my Tommy Gun Don't" and Rise Against's "Swing Life Away".

No comments: