About Me

My PhotoI'm Carlos Killpack I like music, I guess you could even say its my addiction. That being said it shouldn't be much surprise to hear that I host a radio show called Indie Invasion. (Which is, by the way, the greatest radio show on earth) I play the drums and the guitar. I play football and I am Mormon, meaning that I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. The purpose of writing this blog is to ponder the mysteries of the Universe and share my views of them, (cool right) therefore the topics discussed here can vary widely. Each post is filed under one or more of the categories at the top right. Please enjoy.
View my complete profile
Send any comments or suggestions you have here.

Subscribe in a reader

Pondering Life, the Universe, and Everything

Friday, January 18, 2008

Say What You Want


Yes, it is because of progression that we are where we are today but I think we've gone a little too far this time. It is because of progression that the whites, most of them at least, realized that they are not superior beings and made womens suffrage possible, and, yes, all of those things are good and we should continue to progress but there are some things that no amount of 'progression' should change: Men should be men, women should be women, and if someone wants to be different they should have the guts to be different even if they are made fun of, and if they can't handle it they should act like everyone else. The people who stand out should be the people who are tough enough to stand out regardless of public opinion.

Now onto the problems with progressive society, our society has become one of self-centeredness, and although the individual is important, more important is what that individual does for others. We have gone too far with what was originally an admiration for the rugged individual from the frontier in the early days of our nation. This has now become an idea that we should let people be how they are and that you can't say anything about them because that is how they are. Things should be how they used to be, people got made fun of if they where weird, it may sound unkind but it is true, the people who stand out should be the ones who can take it not the weird people who are simply ignored because no body wants to 'hurt their feelings' or 'offend' them.

I believe that people should be able to express themselves completely, without worrying about 'political correctness' or about who what they are saying may offend or how to say it in a less offensive way. Saying "I hate you" and "I really don't like you" both mean the same thing but the first way you would think of saying it would be the first, the most direct way, I believe that this is how you should say something like this, not indirectly and in the way that sounds the least offensive, but in the way you want to say it. Regardless of its lack of 'political correctness'.

Progression is good but too much of anything is not good. Remember: moderation in all things. Because too much of an extreme in any direction can lead to trouble.

No comments: