About Me

My PhotoI'm Carlos Killpack I like music, I guess you could even say its my addiction. That being said it shouldn't be much surprise to hear that I host a radio show called Indie Invasion. (Which is, by the way, the greatest radio show on earth) I play the drums and the guitar. I play football and I am Mormon, meaning that I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. The purpose of writing this blog is to ponder the mysteries of the Universe and share my views of them, (cool right) therefore the topics discussed here can vary widely. Each post is filed under one or more of the categories at the top right. Please enjoy.
View my complete profile
Send any comments or suggestions you have here.

Subscribe in a reader

Pondering Life, the Universe, and Everything

Friday, February 1, 2008

Dreams


Dream noun; verb [dreem]: A succession of images, thoughts, or emotions passing through the mind during sleep.

I once had a dream that I was a soldier, fully armed with automatic weapons and all other necessary tools for war. I had a team with me and we where infiltrating a compound, I didn't know why but I was doing it. Suddenly I was in a battle field and I was fighting another group of soldiers, not in any sort of smart way, however, both groups of soldiers, mine and the other one, where running around each other firing shots and hoping the enemy would die before we did. Eventually I got a good shot in and I began mowing down the leader of he enemy soldiers (this is the interesting part of the dream) but as my bullets bored into him and he fell upon the ground I became him and I saw myself shooting bullets into the body I now inhabited.

I find this dream interesting because it could be interpreted in various ways but I have thought about it and I will share the interpretation I like best.

When I being shooting the enemy leader I am hurting someone (obviously) but as they fall I become that person, meaning, I believe, that when, or if, I hurt someone it will result in the pain I inflicted on that person causing hurt to me.

No comments: