About Me

My PhotoI'm Carlos Killpack I like music, I guess you could even say its my addiction. That being said it shouldn't be much surprise to hear that I host a radio show called Indie Invasion. (Which is, by the way, the greatest radio show on earth) I play the drums and the guitar. I play football and I am Mormon, meaning that I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. The purpose of writing this blog is to ponder the mysteries of the Universe and share my views of them, (cool right) therefore the topics discussed here can vary widely. Each post is filed under one or more of the categories at the top right. Please enjoy.
View my complete profile
Send any comments or suggestions you have here.

Subscribe in a reader

Pondering Life, the Universe, and Everything

Friday, August 24, 2007

Ten Philosophical Questions

I found this in a Google search so I'm gonna take on the challenge to answer all of these questions to the best of my ability.

Top Ten Philosophical Questions

Driving back from spring break I got to thinking about the eminent philosophical questions. Here’s a top-ten list I came up with (it’s lemming focused, of course).

1. Why is there something rather than nothing at all?
2. If two persons who have all the same experiences disagree about some matter of fact has at least one of them violated some rule of good reasoning?
3. If two distinct objects have something in common then in what ways are they the same and different?
4. Since my acts are caused by my choices and my choices caused by my beliefs and desires and my beliefs and desires are not in my direct control, how can it be that my acts are free?
5. When we say ‘Pegasus does not exist’ what subject are we talking about?
6. Is what is good good because the gods commanded it or did the gods command it because it was good? (Alt: Are the things that are valuable, valuable because we value them or do we value them because they are valuable?)
7. Must there be some basic element of reality from which everything else is composed?
8. Does time have a beginning?
9. If I think of a being greater than which none can be conceived must this being exist?
10. Since minds have properties natural objects lack, how can minds be a part of nature?


------------
Response to #1
Response to #2
Response to #3
Response to #4
Response to #5
Response to #6
Response to #7
Response to #8
Response to #9
Response to #10

No comments: