About Me

My PhotoI'm Carlos Killpack I like music, I guess you could even say its my addiction. That being said it shouldn't be much surprise to hear that I host a radio show called Indie Invasion. (Which is, by the way, the greatest radio show on earth) I play the drums and the guitar. I play football and I am Mormon, meaning that I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. The purpose of writing this blog is to ponder the mysteries of the Universe and share my views of them, (cool right) therefore the topics discussed here can vary widely. Each post is filed under one or more of the categories at the top right. Please enjoy.
View my complete profile
Send any comments or suggestions you have here.

Subscribe in a reader

Pondering Life, the Universe, and Everything

Monday, October 6, 2008

Introspection 101 - Meditation 1

Meditation is a powerful tool that will help strengthen your mind and improve the performance of your memory and the logic of your thinking processes. Meditation isn't a direct tool for introspection because mediation requires that you empty your mind or focus on a certain object in exclusion of anything else. What it does to is increase the capability of your mind to be introspective. It allows you to clear your mind so you can retain your objectivity when analyzing some part of yourself. That is, perhaps, the most important benefit of meditation, the ability to clear your mind with relative ease. This is a must when exploring your innermost self. It allows you to remove distractions or stirred up emotions that may cloud your thinking.

No comments: